Title: Facilities and Maintenance Manager
Company: Bethel AME Church
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Status: Full time
Company Profile: Bethel African Methodist Episcopal (AME) Church ministers to the social, spiritual, and physical development of all people. The work of Bethel AME Church is broad reaching and results in serving the community daily through regularly scheduled services/activities and special initiatives.
The incumbent oversees the daily administration of maintenance and repair operations at Bethel church and other church properties.
- Plans and monitors a comprehensive annual preventative maintenance program for critical building systems.
- Supervises/manages the facilities and maintenance staff in the upkeep of a historic building infrastructure (electrical distribution; lighting; heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems; plumbing and water treatment systems; septic/sewer systems; and structural/building systems); grounds maintenance; facilities improvement; and maintenance and repair projects.
- Monitors key projects and initiates new improvement and repair projects, as required. Serves as the project manager, coordinating appropriate flows of information between the Pastor, Protem Trustees, staff and contractors.
- 2-4 years in a maintenance management setting
- 3 years of supervisory experience
- High School Diploma
- Specialized certifications or licenses in facilities management
- Knowledge of the operation and maintenance of historic building facilities and systems
- Knowledge of building systems (electrical distribution, emergency power generation, lighting, HVAC, plumbing, water treatment, septic/sewers, structural, etc.).
Interpersonal Skills: Exercises caution and tact in daily interactions with others and resolve differences of opinion when confronted with disagreements.
Oral Communication: Ability to interact effectively with others, particularly in the capacity to gain cooperation and confidence from the Pastor, Trustees, staff and contractors.
Problem Solving: Identifies potential issues in work assignments related to facilities and maintenance project deadlines, costs and goals.
Self-Management: Sets realistic goals and models good time utilization without compromising accuracy, thoroughness, and quality.
Project Management: Organizes, schedules and keeps a calendar of repair work, sets priorities, and determines resource requirements.
Teamwork and Leadership: Supervises sextons (maintenance) staff and contractors in performing maintenance repairs of a high quality in a timely manner.
Working Conditions: The incumbent is given independence in managing the facilities and maintenance of the church and is relied upon for making recommendations. The incumbent is often called on to handle facility and maintenance emergencies and to timely and cost effectively resolve them. The work is performed using a high degree of technical knowledge, skill and training in building operations and systems.
The work requires considerable standing, walking, bending, lifting and climbing.
The work is performed inside and outside the church buildings. Incumbent may be required to work after hours and/or on weekends to reduce interruption of church activities and during emergency situations. Serves in an on-call status afterhours and is responsible for timely responding and resolving facilities issues.
- 8-hour shift
- Flexible hours
- Minimal amount of being “on-call”
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume and completed Bethel AME Application to Barbara Knox at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bethel AME Church would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Bethel AME Church is an equal opportunity employer.